Monday, October 10, 2011

Vegan MoFo #10: Raw Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup

Aaaaah Monday!  Soup will make it better, right?  I'm kidding, really.  I don't mind Mondays, but I wouldn't mind having a weekend extension.  I'm not kidding about the soup, though.  I'm totally on a soup binge right now.   It's a wonderful, warming way to stay healthy and raw when the weather turns cold.  And it's SO EASY.  Perfect for weekday meals. 

Carrot Ginger Soup

1 cup diced carrots
1/4 cup cashews
1 small clove garlic
1 teaspoon diced ginger
1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon lime juice
1 cup water

Blend in a high speed blender until smooth and warm.

This is great with crumbled up flax crackers stirred into it right before serving.  For a high raw option this would be delicious served with a scoop of quinoa or brown rice.

Due to my current obsession with soup I'll be featuring a few more recipes this week.   This is the first time I've been into making raw soup, so it's fun new territory to explore.  Hope your Monday is fantastic.


  1. Looks great and such a beautiful color! That is one of the reason I love the fall, the colors are always so vibrant!

  2. Barefoot_and_frolickingOctober 10, 2011 at 11:26 AM

    wow! :)

  3. Both soups look great. Ginger-carrot is an awesome combination, especially when savory like this.

  4. This is a gorgeous soup! I cannot wait to try it!

  5. mmm carrot soup. had some (cooked) tonight.

  6. This soup looks beautiful and so bright!

  7. I reheated this the next day and had it not-raw for lunch. Awesome either way.

  8. Once the cooler weather hits I find myself a tad bit obsessed with soups too! I just made some carrot-ginger-cashew soup tonight, though it wasn't raw. This looks great!