Friday, October 14, 2011

Vegan MoFo #14: Pantry Staple - Miso Tahini Magic Sauce


Today's MoFo is something that I've been using like a fiend for three years.  My Miso Tahini Magic Sauce is a staple in our refrigerator.  It's a dip, it's a sauce, it's a dressing.  Put it on veggies, grains, wraps, bowls, salads, anything you want to become more delicious or possibly addicting.  Sometimes I want a salad just so I have something to put this on.  The best part about it, though, is it's EASY and you probably already have the ingredients on hand.

Miso Tahini Magic Sauce


1/2 cup miso
1/2 cup tahini
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon maple syrup, date syrup, or agave
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3/4 cup water

In a bowl use a spoon  to mix the miso and tahini together.  Add the apple cider vinegar, sweetener of your choice, cayenne pepper and stir until well combined.  Use a whisk to mix in the water.  Store in the refrigerator.  The sauce will thicken after it cools.

This sauce is great with add-in, like fresh grated ginger, garlic, and spices.  Make it your way to make your taste buds happy.  Then put it on everything!  Carry a jar in your purse!  Ok, maybe not, but I wish I could.

Happy Friday!

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow -- one of my favorite restaurants up here in Seattle (Chaco Canyon) makes a killer tahini sauce, and I'm guessing your magic sauce tastes pretty similar! I need to make a batch!! I'm guessing you used raw tahini -- will the roasted version work okay too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I was just about to buy tahini, boo, wish I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Sounds like a very versatile and delicious sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually don't have all of these on hand right now because I go through tahini like crazy! I love the stuff, and this sauce sounds awesome. Never though to add miso.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i never thought to combine tahini and miso. wow! just wow! i love miso and tahini (i mean reallly, really love them!) and i'm gonna have to try this out. it sounds like a combination of awesome indeed! hooooray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds so delicious, and easy, and yes I do have all of those things. going to make it now...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. miso & tahini is such an awesome combo! i used a dressing very similar to this on my thanksgiving dinner kale salad & the masses loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yum! This is such an awesome sounding, yet simple, sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just made this today...OMG where have you been all my life??? <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you use a particular kind of miso for this? I have red miso right now. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious sauce! I found it mellowed nicely after a night in the fridge. I used it to make a delicious macro bowl with tempeh and veggies! Feel free to check it out: http://tastespace.wordpress.com/2012/09/17/macro-veggie-and-tempeh-bowl-with-miso-tahini-sauce-aux-vivres-copy-cat/

    ReplyDelete