Sunday, October 2, 2011

Vegan Mofo #2: Pumpkin Pie Parfait

All I can say about my first day of Vegan MoFo is WOW.  Holy delicious vegan overload.  I'm loving it!  How I wish I could look at every single MoFo blog post.

Today's MoFo post is a Pumpkin Pie Parfait! The big secret is that there's no pumpkin in this recipe. But I promise your taste buds will never know the difference. 


You'll need a high speed blender and food processor for this recipe.
First make the Vanilla Cream:

1 cup cashews
1/4 cup agave
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon maca
1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup almond milk
pinch of sea salt

Blend all ingredients together until smooth and creamy.  Take out 1/2 of the cream (about 3/4 cup) and set aside.  To the remaining vanilla cream in the blender, add:

1 teaspoon coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup carrot juice
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

This makes the Pumpkin Cream.  Set aside.

In a food processor, make the Cinnamon Pecan Crumble:

1 cup pecans
2 tablespoons agave
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon sea salt

Pulse in food processor until it's combined and makes a fine crumble.


Time to put it all together.  In two small parfait glasses layer starting with:
1/3 of the Cinnamon Pecan Crumble
Vanilla Cream
1/3 of the Cinnamon Pecan Crumble
Pumpkin Cream

Put in the freezer to set for 1 hour.  Top with the remaining Cinnamon Pecan Crumble then refrigerate until ready to serve. 

I hope this satisfies your Fall sweet tooth!  And have a great Sunday.

27 comments:

  1. definitely yum - nice parfait glasses too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever bought/cooked a pumpkin before. Perhaps this mofo I'll change that.

    Loving the Parfait Glasses and this looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I have got to get my pumpkin on, even if it's just pretend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds great and easy to make! just like a lot of the recipes you've posted lately. I've been having such a hard time getting any food made but this look feasible for a higher energy day. I haven't been very inspired by much food these days (due to some digestion issues) but I am always by yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful parfaits! happy mofo:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is gorgeous! And sounds delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a wild color. Love the crumble!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous and the ingredients make me swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barefoot_and_frolickingOctober 2, 2011 at 6:08 PM

    Oh my goodness, this looks amazing! What a perfect raw autumn treat - thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Antony, I'm looking forward to dessert tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, pumpkin deliciousness without the pumpkin aka cheater pumpkin :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving everything "pretend pumpkin" right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Aimee, that means a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, the carrot juice really made it bright.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're welcome! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I live in a place with an Indian summer that lasts late into October, but this recipe is reminding my brain that fall is finally HERE. And with it: pumpkin (or at least pumpkin-inspired) recipes, natch.

    I am normally intimidated by raw recipes, but yours seem very accessible so... thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, that looks exquisite. I love that it's so simple to make. This is going on my to-do-after-mofo list :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Let me know if you give it a try. I'm sort of a no fuss raw foodist, so I try to keep it as simple as possible. I'm also in love with everything pumpkin (inspired) right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you! And, yes, if you have a blender this only takes a few minutes to prepare :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG this looks divine! SUch a gorgeous dish and I'm sure it tastes just as amazing. I'm such a sucker for pumpkin ;)

    ReplyDelete