Sunday, October 30, 2011

Vegan MoFo #21: Basic Fall Oats, Raw Or Cooked

Portland finally got a few colder days this week.  And by colder I mean I could wear a sweater and a scarf.  Yay.  This time of year also has me craving heartier breakfasts, sometimes warmed.  Like these oats.  They can be made and soaked overnight, or warmed on the stove top. 


Basic Fall Oats

1/2 cup oats
1 tablespoon chia seeds
2 tablespoons raisins
1/2 cup nut milk
1/2 cup apple juice (I used spiced cider!)
sprinkle of cinnamon
sliced banana and sweetener to taste

Mix together and soak overnight, or warm on the stove until the oats are soft.

My food this past week has been beyond basic.  I've just had other stuff going on.  But these oats were nice, especially made with the apple cider, so I thought they might be worth sharing.  

Hope you've had a happy weekend :)


1 comment:

  1. This is pretty much my absolute favorite way to make oats, minus the cider. I have never done that but it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete