Monday, October 3, 2011

Vegan MoFo #3: Fall Spice Porridge


Hello, MoFo Day #3!  Today's treat is a make-ahead porridge that features chia, pumpkin seeds, and pumpkin pie spice.  Yum, three of my favorite ingredients.  Fall Spice Porridge is a filling breakfast treat, or if you're like me, perfect to pack in your lunchbox for an afternoon snack. 

Fall Spice Porridge

1 cup oats
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
pinch of sea salt

Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.  In another bowl combine:

1 1/2 cups almond milk
1/2 cup carrot juice
3 tablespoons agave
1 teaspoon vanilla

Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.  Let sit for 5 minutes and stir again.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before eating.  I usually let mine set up overnight then pack it in to-go containers.


Packed up and ready for work lunches!  Have a great Monday.

5 comments:

  1. So the 1 c. of oats and everything else makes 3 servings?
    I love that your last two recipes call for carrot juice! I have a ton and am getting sick of just drinking it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds delicious! SO many recipes to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this sounds too good! I would love to bring this to work to eat at lunch. It would make my day a whole lot better, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, 3 snack size servings. I could probably eat at least half of this if I used it for a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh ohh ohh! YUM! I'm making this tonight.

    ReplyDelete