Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Vegan MoFo #5: Carrot Flax Crackers

Hello!  Here's an easy mid-week recipe that takes 5 minutes to put together, then it's off to the dehydrator for an overnight stay.  You'll wake up tomorrow with crispy, flavorful, fall-inspired crackers. 


Carrot Flax Crackers

2 cups flax seeds
1 cup carrot pulp (from making juice)
2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt

Mix together, spread on a teflex dehydrator sheet making about a 12-14 inch square.  Dehydrate for about 24 hours.

These are so simple and one of my favorite crackers right now.  Enjoy them with seed cheese, hummus, soup, or as they are for snacking. 

Happy Wednesday and day 5 of the Vegan Month of Food!

4 comments:

  1. This VeganMoFo thing has made me realize that I lack two very important kitchen appliances: a crock pot and a dehydrator. So, I think now is the time I will splurge and buy both.

    These crackers look great - I wonder if I could make them set at 150˚F in my oven? Hmm.. I think it's worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you can absolutely make these in your oven at the lowest setting. I love my dehydrator :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good with your MoFo entries Nikki and this looks deliciously crunchy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making carrot flax crackers. They are super tasty and go with so many things. Especially hummus, I really like to eat these crackers with hummus.

    I really like your new header too! It's pretty :) The apron is beyond cool.

    ReplyDelete